Last update: January 2, 2021
Customer means any individual who browses, inquires about or purchases services or products listed on our website or a Retailer’s website (“Services”).
Retailer means any floral business, including but not limited to certain Forest of Flowers franchise owners, which offers Services to Customers utilizing Forest of Flowers’ e-commerce system or website.
“You” or “you” refers to Retailers or Customers as indicated by context; if not specified, it refers to both.
“Personal Information” refers to Retailer’s “Personal Information” or Customer’s “Personal Information” by context; if not specified, it refers to both.
- the way your personal information is collected and processed. "Personal Information" means any information that could identify you, such as your name, your mailing address, your email address, your location your phone number, your profile information and your IP address;
- your rights regarding your Personal Information;
- who is responsible for the processing of the collected and processed information;
- to whom the information is transmitted;
- if applicable, the website's policy regarding cookies.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect the following Customer Personal Information:
- Last Name
- First name
- Email address
- Phone and/or fax number
- Payment information including your credit card information
- Billing address
- Images you share with us
- Linked social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter Google+ and LinkedIn.
We collect the following Retailer Personal Information:
- First and last name of the business owner
- Name of business and business registration information
- Username, password and email address
- Payment information including billing address and bank account information
Personal Information is collected through the collection methods described in the following section.
- FORMS AND METHODS OF COLLECTION
Your Personal Information is collected through the following methods:
- Website registration form
- Order form
- Survey form
We use the collected data for the following purposes:
- Improve your user experience and help you efficiently access your information and account;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Order tracking;
- Special offers;
- Contact management;
- Managing the website;
- Analyzing trends and monitor visitor movement in the aggregate;
- Gather broad demographic information; and
- Investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities
- EMAIL ADDRESSES
We use your email address for both logistical (confirming your registration and orders) and promotional services (e.g. special discounts, newsletters, special events).
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We may use your financial information or authorized payment method to process payment for any purchases, subscriptions or sales made on the Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business. We transmit your financial information to our third party payment processors.
- COOKIES AND LOG FILES
We collect information through log files and cookies. These allow us to process statistics and information on traffic on the Website, to ease navigation and improve your experience for your comfort.
- a) Cookies used by the Website
The cookie files used on the Website are the following:
- IP address
- Pages visited and queries
- Day and time of connection
- Content in the shopping cart
The use of such files allows us to achieve the following purposes:
- Improvement of the service and personalized welcome
- Personalized consumption profiles
- Order tracking
- Statistical surveys
- Promotional materials and management of the website
You have the right to object to the recording of these cookies and log files by configuring your web browser.
Once you have deactivated cookies and log files, you may continue your use of the Website. However, any malfunction resulting from this deactivation may not be considered of our making.
- a) Cookies used by the Website
- SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The information we collect is used to improve the content and quality of the Services. We are committed to not selling to third parties or otherwise commercialize the Personal Information we collect. However, we may share this information with third parties service providers without your consent for the following reasons:
- Order fulfillment including payment processing
- Business data transfers in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in event of a bankruptcy
- RETAILERS USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We utilize Retailers to fulfill your service and product needs. Retailers are responsible for what they do with any Customer Personal Information they collect, directly or through the process of fulfilling Services. Retailers are solely responsible for complying with any laws and regulations that apply to the collection and use of your Personal Information. Forest of Flowers is not liable for any Retailer’s relationship with their customers or for the Retailers collection and use of your Personal Information. Forest of Flowers does not provide any legal advice to Retailers regarding the collection of your Personal Information.
If you do wish that we not share your Personal Information with third parties, you may object at the time of collection or at any time thereafter, as described in the "Right of access, objection and withdrawal" section.
- STORAGE PERIOD OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Forest of Flowers will keep in its computer systems, in reasonable security conditions, the entirety of the Personal Information collected for as long as your account is active and for as long as needed to provide you with the Services. The precise periods for which we keep your Personal Information can vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. We don’t immediately delete your Personal Information when you cancel the Services. We do keep your Personal Information for a reasonable period of time so it will be available for you should you return.
- HOSTING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our website is hosted located at the following address: www.forestofflowers.com
Personal Information we collect and process is exclusively hosted in Canada.
- RESPONDING TO LEGAL REQUEST
We may access, preserve and share your information without notice or consent from you in a response to a legal request such as a court order, subpoena or search warrant, if we have good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal request from jurisdictions outside of Canada where we have good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- a) Privacy Officer
The Privacy Officer is in charge of determining the purposes for which Personal Information is processed and the means at the service of such processing.
- b) Obligations of the Privacy Officer
The Privacy Officer is committed to protecting the Personal Information collected, not to transmit it to third parties without informing you, and to respect the purposes for which Personal Information was collected.
In the event that the integrity, confidentiality or security of your Personal Information is compromised, the Privacy Officer is committed to notify you.
- a) Privacy Officer
- RIGHT OF ACCESS, OBJECTION AND WITHDRAWAL
You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information by the Website. You also have the right to request that your Personal Information does not appear, for example, on a mailing list. You have the right to consult, update, modify or request the removal of information about you
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you must contact the Privacy Officer at: www.forestofflowers.com/privacy-officer
Forest of Flowers
Attention: Privacy Officer
201 King St.
Personal Information we collect is stored in a secured environment. People working for us are obligated to respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
To ensure the security of your Personal Information, we use the following methods:
- SSL (Security Sockets Layer) Protocol
- SET (Secure Electronic Transaction) Protocol
- Access management - person authorized
- Access management - person concerned
- Automatic backup
We are committed to maintaining a high degree of confidentiality by integrating the latest technological innovations that allow us to ensure the confidentiality of your transactions. Nevertheless, no mechanism can ensure a complete security and transmitting Personal Information on the Internet always entail a part of risk.
- APPLICABLE LAW
We are committed to respect the legislative provisions as specified in:
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, CHAPTER F.31